If you hadn’t already noticed, I have a little love affair going with Trader Joes. I love their staples (their oil sprays and everyday seasoning are my LIFE), but I also enjoy shopping there because I often have no idea what I want to eat and there are always new things to try. This time I found their Chicken Shawarma first, which comes pre-marinated (I have tried several of their pre-marinated meats, they change the flavors out pretty regularly, all have been excellent). From there, I got a bunch of veggies I felt would go well with it and voila–meals prepped! This meal prep makes 4 salads.
- 1 package Trader Joes Chicken Shawarma Thighs
- 1 bag Trader Joes Cruciferous Crunch Collection
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 russet potatoes, cut in small cubes
- 4 Trader Joes Teeny Avocados or 2 regular avocados
- Dressing of your choice, I made a balsamic vinaigrette fresh each day: 2 TBS olive oil + 1 TBS balsamic vinaigrette + 2 squeezes dijon mustard
- Trader Joes Everyday Seasoning (or salt/pepper… but you should get that seasoning, it is THE BOMB)
Pre-heat oven to 350. Lightly spread/spray a foil lined baking sheet with olive oil. Add your potatoes and drizzle/spray with olive oil. Cover them with as much Everyday Seasoning as your heart desires, then toss them on the foil to make sure the seasoning and oil are spread around. Bake 18 minutes or until golden brown. Store in tupperware.
Cook the chicken to the package instructions, I made mine using coconut oil spray for the pan. Store in tupperware.
To make the salad, fill a large bowl with the cruciferous crunch salad mix (roughly 1/4 the bag). Then, heat your dressing about 30 seconds so that it is warm. Cover the salad mix with your warm dressing and stir. This will help the kale to soften slightly, trust me it’s worth it. Then, heat 1/4 of your chicken and 1/4 of your potatoes 1 minute in the microwave, or until warm. Add to your salad. Add onion and either 1 teeny avocado or half a regular avocado. Mix it all together and enjoy!