As I posted about on Instagram, yesterday I accidentally signed up for two classes and it was too late to cancel the second, so I did morning Pilates at WundaBar and boxing after work at Gotham Gym. Both classes are SERIOUS, so I knew I had to eat well. Here’s what I had!
Coconut Broccoli & Chicken Sausage Pasta
- 1 Head Broccoli
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion
- Coconut Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Pasta of your choice (I used capellini)
- 8 oz Plain Tomato Sauce (just the plain stuff, not pre-made)
- 4 oz Tomato Paste
- Salt, Pepper, Seasonings of Choice
Sauté the broccoli and sausage over medium-high heat in a generous tablespoon of coconut oil. Add garlic, salt and pepper to taste. After the broccoli has softened slightly, add in the red onion. Cook, stirring regularly, until the broccoli is at your desired texture.
Boil water and add pasta. Drain once fully cooked.
Heat the plain tomato sauce and tomato paste over low heat and season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic (whatever you have on hand and love!) to taste.
Combine it all and EAT.
Salami and Ricotta Salad with Pickled Onions and Radish
- Salami of your choice (I used the assorted pack from Brooklyn Fare)
- Ricotta Cheese (ideally fresh)
- Pickled Onions (I used this recipe and added coriander seeds + radishes, no jalapeño this time)
- Chopped Orange Bell Pepper
- Lime Juice and/or dressing of your choice (I used lime juice + Garlic Pepper Sauce I got in South Africa)
Combine and eat!